Tuesday 10 November 2009

Tractors 2

Yesterday the materials arrived for amenaging our back garden; two bags of sand , one of gravel, some cement and concrete posts. Because everyone has seen sand and gravel before, some pictures of a tractor taken at the Art 'n Lard Festival last month in le Petit Pressigny.

This is one of those pieces of machinery which is so purposeful, so obviously built for a practical reason, that the aesthetics almost don't matter. Which is just as well...

Société Française de Vierzon was building machinery for about 100 years until the 1960s. Vierzon is quite local to us, so I am sort of surprised I haven't encountered these machines before.

I have never seen a tractor with instructions
written on it before. It's not a bad idea though.
Tomorrow we should have more to report on the work in our back garden. This morning I hope to be hiring and using a packer plate (whakerpacker in some territories) to compress the gravel for laying cobblestones on the front courtyard. That could be fun!

Simon

ps You may be one of those people who Google have included in their "This page has been intentionally left blank" experiment. If you find as frustratingly pointless and stupid as I do and are using Firefox, mail me and I will give instructions how to disable it. If you have no idea what I am talking about, lucky you.

No comments:

Post a Comment