Tuesday 4 December 2007

Tour de France

The route for the 2008 Tour was released on the 25th October 2007, so this isn't the hottest of news.

Stage 5 of the Tour (on 9th July) is from Cholet to Châteauroux. It is the longest stage of the tour, at 230km (about 140 miles). There are no more details of the route on the web, as far as I can see, and the map only shows where the towns are, which is a pity because it means I can't give the exciting news of the day as a fact, but:

I THINK THE TOUR DE FRANCE WILL BE VISITING PREUILLY-SUR-CLAISE THIS YEAR!

As my nephews and nieces would say "woot!" (I don't understand that, but apparently it's good.)

My reason for thinking the Tour will be visiting us is that according to Google Mapping, to make the route from Cholet to Châteauroux 230km you have to go through Chatellerault and Preuilly. Of course, they could have planned a very devious route, but that would be a fair bit of effort just to deliberately avoid us.

The Tour is big in France, so if the Tour is to go through Preuilly sur Claise it will be the biggest crowd thing to hit the town since 1998.........................when the Tour de France had a stage between Colet and Châteauroux that went through Preuilly.

More news when I find it.


Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment